Kolkata, Sept 28 (Calcutta Tube / IBNS) It’s time again when Bengal readies itself for the most sought after festival Durga Puja and the four days which are the ideal getaway to celebrations and fun.
Devi Pokshe is based on the theme of women empowerment will showcase the grand felicitation of 10 women from different walks of life who have created a difference and brought about a change in their respective fields.
A cultural programme will also be presented wherein, there will be live songs recitals by Lopamundra, Anwesha, Paroma, Somlata and others; which will be followed by few remarkable dance performances by Arpita Chatterjee, Payal Sarkar, Soumili and many others.
The 10 forms (Roops) of Maa Durga – Matri, Kanti, Priti, Tushti, Shraddha, Lakshmi, Buddhi, Jyoti, Shakti and Daya visibly portray the power and talent of the following 10 women.
· Sister Cyril (Matri Roope)
· Aparna Sen (Kanti Roope)
· Alakananda Roy (Priti Roope)
· Jhoolan Goswami (Tushti Roope)
· Kanta Chakravorty (Shraddha Roope)
· Ananya Sarkar (Lakshmi Roope)
· Rita Toto (Buddhi Roope)
· Beena Kalindi (Jyoti Roope)
· Malarani Pal (Shakti Roope)
· Anju Ara Mondol (Daya Roope)