Restaurant, huts gutted in Noida fires, 3 injured

Noida, March 7 (IANS) A restaurant in a sector 26 club and a cluster of shanties in sector 63 of Noida were burnt down in two accidents of fire late Saturday, officials said Sunday.

According to Sector-2 Fire Station Officer Abhay Bhan, a major fire broke out in the resto-bar on the first floor of the club after midnight Saturday. As the restaurant was closed, the fire was not detected.

‘Since the restaurant was full of heavy furnishings, which were inflammable, the fire spread quickly and gutted the entire 400 sq metre space,’ he said.

‘As the building was air-conditioned, and hence airtight, the flames could not find passage outside and were only spotted by guards much later when they saw the flames through the window,’ Bhan said. The fire office was informed about the blaze around 5.15 a.m.

Four fire tenders were immediately rushed to the spot and it took them about an hour to bring the fire under control, Bhan said, adding no one was injured in the accident.

In the second fire, a woman and two children were injured when fire gutted makeshift shanties in Sector 63 area. According to an official at Sector 58 fire station, about a dozen huts were destroyed when one of them caught fire due to a burning candle around 1 a.m. The fire quickly spread to other dwellings, destroying them.

The injured woman and children were taken to the district hospital. Their condition was reported to be serious, the official said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *