Ramakrishna Behera was born on 18th September 1977. He completed his intermediate degree from College of Basic Science & Humanities, OUAT, Bhubaneswar (1994-96). He later completed his bachelors degree in of Chemical Engineering from IIT Roorkee (1996-2000). He has been working as a Self-Taught Artist in Barauni, Bihar and also working for Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Barauni Refinery as Senior Process Engineer.
Some Art Exhibitions by Ramakrishna Behera
- Group Show, “Home Bound We”, Orissa Lalit Kala Akademi, Bhubaneswar (2003).
- Solo Show, “CURVATURE”, All India Fine Arts & Crafts Society, New Delhi (2007)
- Group Show, “Earth on Canvas”, WWF-India Secretariat, New Delhi (2007)
- Group Show, “Dimensions & Directions”, Curated by Prof. Deba P. Patnaik, Mon Art Gallerie, Kolkata (2008)
- Group Show, “Towards a new viewership/audience”, Bakul Art Fest, Orissa Lalit Kala Akademi, Bhubaneswar (2009).
Exhibition of new paintings by Ramakrishna Behera, the self taught artist from Orissa. The paintings of Ramakrishna Behera are most certainly landscapes and are inspired by real places: the caves of Ajanta, the mountains and monasteries of Ladakh, the countryside of Orissa and even the interior of the artist’s home. Yet the works employ distorted perspectives and fold in images of outer space to become something more like psychological maps or hallucinatory visions. While their palette of colors is realistic, their spaces certainly are not. The surfaces of his paintings are buttery and their details are seemingly coaxed spontaneously from their making.
Check out his unique Paintings at : Bose Pacia Stephen Court, 18 , Park Street, Kolkata; Wednesday, October 14th, 2009. 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Map and Direction