Uncategorized

Over 100 shops gutted in Madhya Pradesh fire

Bhopal, June 5 (IANS) Property worth lakhs of rupees was gutted in a fire that razed to the ground over 100 shops in a market in Madhya Pradesh’s Gwalior city Saturday, police said. No casualty has been reported in the incident.

‘The fire is suspected to have been caused due to a short circuit in a temple behind the Victoria Market that lead to LPG cylinders exploding. Several fire tenders, including 20 from the army, were pressed into service to douse the fire in the market at Maharaj Bada’, said the police.

However, the shopkeepers allege that loss could have been minimized had the fire brigade reached in time.

Minister of State for Home Narayan Singh Kushwah reached the spot to take stock of the situation.

Aid of Rs.10,000 has been given to each shopkeeper from the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund, while the Gwalior Municipal Corporation has announced Rs.5,000 for each trader.

‘A survey will be conducted so that they get sufficient relief amount, which will help them start their business again,’ Kushwah said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *