Los Angeles, May 25 (Calcutta Tube) Police officials claim there was ‘no foul play’ in the death of Brittany Murphy‘s widower Simon Monjack, but reports suggest he suffered a drug overdose.
‘There were a number of pill bottles on the nightstand in the bedroom, and some were empty,’ acehowbiz.com quoted a source as saying.
The British screenwriter was found dead Monday by his mother Sharon at his Hollywood home, just five months after Brittany’s death. Paramedics were called but attempts to revive Monjack were unsuccessful and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Although police officials have concluded there was ‘no foul play’ in the death of Murphy’s husband, new reports emerging in Los Angeles suggest Monjack might have suffered a drug overdose.
The officials have confirmed prescription medication was found at his home.
Los Angeles County Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter says the cause of Monjack’s death won’t be known until post-mortem and toxicology tests are carried out.