Kolkata, Oct 3, 2010 (Calcutta Tube/IBNS): Idea Cellular, a leading pan- India mobile operator, launched a mass awareness campaign-‘Idea Jagoran’- on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti to promote better civic sense amongst the citizens of Kolkata.
The three-day campaign, from September 30 to October 2, was conducted in the Gandhian way.
Idea volunteers were seen educating people on traffic rules, especially those disobeying basic laws, by presenting yellow roses to them.
Speaking on the awareness campaign, Chief Operating Officer- East, Idea Cellular, Aloke Malik said: “Kolkata is the land of intellectuals and it is known as a city of music and culture. But now what is more visible is the unconcerned nature of the people and their lack of civic sense. They often litter, spit and disobey basic laws and rules.
“So, to make them aware of their faults and to guide them we came up with this initiative. And the way we chose, was the way preached by the Father of Nation.”
Volunteers were stationed at some of the main road junctions across the city. As soon as they could spot someone denting basic traffic laws by their actions, the volunteers started their ‘Gandhigiri‘ and handed them yellow roses that symbolize friendship and harmony.
- Sign Up for Online Bengali TV Channels – Watch ETV Bangla, 24 Ghanta, Zee Bangla Online- watch Bengali TV Show in Computer or on your HDTV -FREE For 2 Weeks
- Sign up for NETFLIX and watch BENGALI MOVIES: FREE for one month. For $8.99 unlimited online HD streaming of films and unlimited home delivery.
- Check out all of the NEW DVD/BLU Ray Releases
- Best of Online Hindi Television Channels– 1000s of Hindi Movies as Video On Demand, watch online
- WIN FREE KOLKATA MOVIE HALL TICKETS– EVERYDAY – Just answer the last Quiz.