Kolkata, Jan 10 (Calcutta Tube / IBNS): A massive fire broke out due to ammonia leakage in an ice factory in Kolkata on Monday.
The fire broke out around 11 am in the morning at the factory in the Maniktala area.
Twenty-five fire engines have rushed to the spot to douse the flames.
“The flames are in control. But it will take some more time to douse the fire completely,” said a fire official in the evening.
Though there have been no casualties or injuries, several people fell ill due to thick smoke that clouded the area.
West Bengal Fire Services Minister Pratim Chatterjee has ordered to arrest the owner of the ice factory, reports said.