New Delhi, May 18 (Calcutta Tube) A major fire broke out at a scrap shop in Delhi’s Okhla area Tuesday morning. No one was injured, officials said.
‘We got to know about the incident at 9.50 a.m. About 18 fire tenders have been rushed to the spot,’ an official of the Delhi Fire Service (DFS) said.
‘No one has been injured. We are waiting for the fire to be doused,’ a police officer told IANS.
The police officer said the probable cause of fire could be an electrical short-circuit.
DFS director R.K. Sharma said: ‘Proper maintenance of the electrical equipment, wiring and earthing should be conducted regularly to protect from short-circuit and subsequent fire.’