New Delhi, Feb 25 (Calcutta Tube / IBNS) The Railways have proposed to introduce 34 new services in Kolkata Metro during 2011-12.
The Minister of Railways, Mamata Banerjee, while presenting the Railway Budget for 2011-12 said that as a full-fledged metro zone, Kolkata Metro is expanding its network and a core committee has been set up to closely monitor the progress of ongoing works for the speedier completion of the following sections:
· Naopara to Barasat via Bimanbandar
· Baranagar to Barrackpore and Baranagar to Dakshineswar
· Dum-Dum Airport to New Garia via Rajerhat; and
· Joka to BBD Bagh via Majerhat
The Minister also informed the Lok Sabha that the entire section from Mahanayak Uttam Kumar (Tollygunge) to Kavi Subhash (New Garia) has been commissioned.
It is also proposed to take up the following new surveys for new connectivity of Kolkatta Metro:
· Joka-Diamond Harbour
· Baruipur-Kavi Subhash
· Howarh Maidan to Srirampur via Dankuni and Singur
· Howrah Maidan – Belur
· Howrah Maidan – Santragachi – Dhulagarh
· Joka-Mahanayak Uttam Kumar; and
· Barrackpore to Kalyani