December 25, 2010 (Calcutta Tube) Films that made impressions in 2010:
[ReviewAZON asin=”3822837172″ display=”inlinepost”]1. Peepli Live: A comic take on the serious issue of farmers’ suicide is India’s official entry to the Oscars.
2. Tere Bin Laden: A Pakistani news reporter fakes a Laden video in a desperate bid to immigrate to the United States of America. The film directed by Abhishek Sharma created quite an impression.
3. Phas Gaye Re Obama: The satire on US recession hitting Indian small town gangsters was the surprise package of the year winning all the kudos. Good job, Subhash Kapoor.
4. Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge. Starring Konkona, Paresh Rawal and Ajay Devgan, the comedy was loved by audience.
5. Love Sex aur Dhokha: The Dibakar Banerjee directed film is a satire on news media turning into a media of social voyeurism as honor killings, MMS scandals and sting operations are thrown in for good measure.
6. Karthik Calling Karthik: The psychological thriller dealing with schizophrenia is directed by debutant Vijay Lalwani starring Farhaan Akhtar and Deepika Padukone.