New Delhi, Jan 25 (Calcutta Tube) Out of the box thinking required to bring down food prices with focus on farm productivity through a second Green Revolution.
* Higher agriculture income will improve living standards of over 145 million rural households, in over 600,000 villages.
* Continue with policies that promote growth, and also take growth patterns to the bottom of the pyramid and those outside its purview.
*Empower the poor and the disadvantaged and enable them to move up the economic ladder, to join the ranks of the prosperous.
*Women need to be made full and equal partners in the growth process.
*Integrate linkages between agriculture and industry sectors.
* Weak implementation of policies and schemes, weed out corruption and bring in accountability.
* Public-private partnerships and Self-Help Groups important mechanisms for outcome-oriented action and for creating a wide network of stakeholders for growth.
* Eradication of social malpractices, especially those related to discrimination against women.