Uncategorized

Fire in Punjab bank

Mohali (Punjab), Oct 24 (IANS) Office furniture, computers and files were reduced to ashes in a fire at a HDFC Bank branch here in Punjab Sunday, police said. The cash was safe.

‘It seems an electric short circuit in an air-conditioner in the ATM room was the reason for the fire. It spread in the office area on the first floor,’ police officer Kewal Kumar told IANS.

‘Bank lockers and cash are safe and there is no loss of life. Computers, furniture and files were burnt and bank officials are evaluating the total loss,’ he added. Mohali town is around 10 km from Chandigarh.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *