New Delhi, Feb 21 (IANS) A fire broke out at the popular Bangla Sweet Shop in New Delhi’s Gole Market early Sunday, killing an employee, officials said.
The fire was reported around 1.30 a.m. and two fire engines doused the flames in 20 minutes of their arrival. While a 22-year-old employee died of asphyxiation in his sleep, another was injured.
According to a Delhi Fire Service official, two employees were sleeping in the shop when the fire started. The police are probing the cause of the blaze.
‘They were rushed to a nearby hospital where one of them, identified as Sunil, died due to asphyxiation,’ the official said.
‘A portion of the sweet shop was gutted in the fire,’ he added.