Fire damages Kolkata restaurant at a South Kolkata mall

Kolkata, Sept 18 (Calcutta Tube/ IBNS) A fire damaged a portion of a restaurant at a South Kolkata mall on Camac Street  on Saturday.

Fire Brigade officials said the flames in the ground floor of the restaurant were doused  before any damage was done to other shops in the mall.

About 15 fire engines were sent to  the site of the fire to fight  any eventuality, they said. Roads were closed and office goers had a tough time in negotiating  the barricades.

Firemen said initial reports indicated that the fire had spread from a gas oven.

Adjoining Park Street, Camac Street is dotted with offices, shopping malls and residential buildings.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *