Lucknow, Oct 26 (Calcutta Tube) Goods worth lakhs of rupees were destroyed but no casualty was reported when a major fire broke out in a garment shop here Tuesday, an official said.
The fire engulfed the garment shop on the fourth floor of the Pratap Market complex in the busy Aminabad locality. Over a hundred employees were present inside the complex at the time of the accident.
‘The entire fourth floor was evacuated as the fire spread to other establishments in the complex. The fire is under control, but it will take some more time to extinguish it completely,’ chief fire officer (CFO) Rajendra Tiwari told reporters here.
Officials believe the accident took place because of an electric short-circuiting.