Uncategorized

Fire breaks out in Kerala finance minister’s office

Thiruvananthapuram, March 3 (IANS) A fire broke out in Kerala Finance Minister Thomas Isaac’s office Wednesday. The blaze was extinguished soon, officials said.

The fire began in the afternoon but fire engines doused the flames quickly. Isaac’s office is in the same block as that of Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan in the secretariat complex.

Isaac’s private secretary told IANS that the minister was not in the office and was busy elsewhere working on the budget. The state budget is to be be presented Friday.

‘We have been told that the fire was caused due to an electrical short circuit. I am with the minister (Isaac) and am yet to reach the office,’ the secretary said when contacted.

Some furniture, a computer and a few files are reported to have been damaged in the blaze.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *