New Delhi, Aug 11 (Calcutta Tube) A major fire broke out Wednesday evening in the Udyog Bhawan building that houses various central ministers. However, no casualties have been reported in the accident, a fire official here said.
‘The fire broke out due to an electrical short circuit. A huge amount of documents turned into ashes,’ the official said.
The fire erupted in room no.250, on the second floor of the building, at 6.15 p.m.
‘Five fire tenders were rushed to the spot and it took around 20 minutes to douse the fire,’ the official added.