Uncategorized

Charcoal fumes asphyxiate four of family near Taj Ganj, Agra

Four members of a family died due to asphyxiation from a charcoal oven (angithi) in the Taj Ganj area of Agra early Thursday, police said.

The Taj Ganj thana police said the bodies were taken to the SN Medical College hospital by the relatives, but the doctors on duty declared them brought dead.        

Police said Kamla, Ajay, Seema and Babli, of Shiv Lal Balmiki’s family had died due to suffocation from a lighted ‘angithi’ that was left inside after making the morning tea.         

The post mortem is still to be conducted on the bodies.        

Two others, Manoj and Sonia, were admitted in an unconscious state, and were out of danger.        

Shiv Lal is a Class 4 employee of the Agra Municipal Corporation.        

–Indo-Asian News Service

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *